Library membership is free. To obtain a membership, you will need to come to the library and provide one item with your local address, e.g., a bill, mail addressed to you.
- The loan period for books and other media is 3 weeks.
- A fee may be charged for use of the library’s meeting room.
- Children may not be left unattended.
Your membership card provides you with access to the library’s collections, computers, online resources and a number of other services. When you sign up you are assigned a four digit PIN that is needed to access the library online catalogue. If you do not know your PIN please ask at the library desk.
Obtain free access to museums and parks. Loan periods range from 2-3 days to one week. Ask at the library for more information.
Réseau BIBLIO de l’Outaouais
The Inter-library loans service (ILL) provides access to the complete collection of the Réseau BIBLIO de l’Outaouais, including the local collections. You can borrow a book available in any of the libraries of the network.
To Place an Inter-Library Loan Request:
- Go to Réseau BIBLIO de l’Outaouais, select “Catalogue en ligne et mobile”
- Select “Catalogue en ligne” or “Catalogue mobile” then “Acceder au catalogue en ligne“
- Login with your membership number and PIN. If you do not know your PIN please ask at the library desk.
- Click “Inter-Library Loan Request” on the side bar.
- Click on “Acceder a ZPortal” and choose language.
- You will need to sign in with your card again – and choose Outaouais as the Authentication Service.
- Click “Create Request” and enter the details of the book.
- Click ‘Submit’. You will be contacted when the request is ready.
Outer Library Loans
The Réseau BIBLIO de l’Outaouais takes part in the outer library loan services (OLL) with other libraries. The Réseau BIBLIO de l’Outaouais reserves the right to bill the OLL services to the applicant libraries. Please bring any OLL requests to the Biblio Wakefield Library Desk.