Library membership is free. To obtain a membership, you will need to come to the library and provide one item with your local address, e.g. mail addressed to you.
Your membership card provides you with access to the library’s collections, computers, online resources and a number of other services. When you sign up you are assigned a four digit PIN that is needed to access the library online catalogue. If you do not know your PIN please ask at the library desk.
- The loan period for books and other media is 3 weeks.
- A fee may be charged for use of the library’s meeting room.
- Children may not be left unattended.
- Obtain free access to museums and parks. Loan periods range from 2-3 days to one week. Ask at the library for more information.
To renew your library material:
- Go to https://www.reseaubibliooutaouais.qc.ca
- Choose your language
- Click on “My Account”
- If prompted, login with your library membership number and PIN. If you do not know your PIN please ask at the library desk.
If no login prompt appears, select My Account in the left column or from the top menu bar
- Select My Account
- Click on “Checkouts”.
- Click the boxes to the left of the materials you want to renew.
- Click “Renew” (on bottom or top of screen).
The Inter-library loans service (ILL)
How to Place an Inter-Library Load Request
- Go to Réseau BIBLIO de l’Outaouais, select “Catalogue en ligne et mobile”
- Select “Catalogue en ligne” or “Catalogue mobile” then “Acceder au catalogue en ligne“
- Login with your membership number and PIN. If you do not know your PIN please ask at the library desk.
- Click “Inter-Library Loan Request” on the side bar.
- Click on “Acceder a ZPortal” and choose language.
- You will need to sign in with your card again – and choose Outaouais as the Authentication Service.
- Click “Create Request” and enter the details of the book.
- Click ‘Submit’. You will be contacted when the request is ready.