The Rainbow Fish
by Marcus Pfister
Paper Plate Rainbow Fish
Age 3 – 7
- Paper Plate
- Tissue Paper
- Tinfoil or Silver Wrapping Paper
- Blue Paint
- White Paper or Large Googly Eye
- Paint the paper plate.
- Once the paper plate is dry, cut out a triangular shape to create a mouth and staple the triangle to the opposite side to form a tail.
- Cut out multiple pieces of coloured tissue paper and begin sticking the tissue paper to the paper plate to create scales.
- Finish off with a large paper eye or googly eye.
Age 7 – 10
- 1/2 Cup Clear Washable School Glue
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Starch
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- Food Coloring
- Seashells, Plastic Sea or Ocean Animals (Optional)
- In a bowl mix 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup of glue (mix well to combine completely).
- Add (color, glitter, or confetti)! Remember when you add color to white glue, the color will be lighter. Use clear glue for jewel toned colors!
- Pour in 1/4 cup of liquid starch. You will see the slime immediately start to form. Keep stirring until you have a gooey blob of slime. The liquid should be gone!
- Kneading your slime! It will appear stringy at first but just work it around with your hands and you will notice the consistency changes. You can also put it in a clean container and set it aside for 3 minutes, and you will also notice the change in consistency!